Mistborn: The Final Empire

Mistborn: The Final Empire - Brandon Sanderson I'll likely come back to this eventually but I don't know when.

Dropped at 30%.

I know I said I would be getting back to this eventually, but I honestly think if I'm ever going to fall in love with this author (and there is certainly a chance since so many of my friends adore his books, including my boyfriend who often gives me good recs) then I need to let this one go and try again with another series that interests me more.

There are many good things that I can say about this book, or at least the first 30% I got through, but all in all, it's been a couple (a few?) months since I picked this up and in that time I've seldom thought of the book. That, personally speaking, isn't a good thing. I don't read all that quickly and there are a lot of things on my to-read list (to say nothing of all the reading material I either am not or cannot list on this website); if I don't even think of the book after I've set it down for some time, if it can't hold my interest enough to be something I temporarily contemplate from time to time, then it's time to move on and call it quits even if a part of me doesn't want to.