The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky Saw the movie before considering the book, but after reading some reviews and giving the thought some time I've decided to stick with the movie version only. I might eventually come back to read this, but the movie was perfect and I don't want my image of it to change.

Edit:

After reading both Kat's review and Nenia's review I've decided to change my status on this from 'probably-not' to a definite 'never'. I really do believe the movie was done well, I absolutely adore it. I love the movie. But I know I'll never be able to get into the book and that even if I did it would only disappoint me. It might even make me hate the movie a little. I can feel myself getting disgusted thinking about this book, when before when I only knew about the movie I felt excited. I want to like Charlie. I want to like the way issues were dealt with and how things were resolved. That can only happen if I forever put the book out of sight out of mind.

So thank you Kat, thank you Nenia. You've both saved me what I imagine would be a lot of heartache over experiencing a 'movie done better than the book' moment.