Ryland's Sacrifice

Ryland's Sacrifice - Kim Dare I really wanted to like this book more than I did, but as things are I barely made myself finish it in the hopes that it would get better. While I like the concept of willing "sacrifices" being bedded by the pride for a night, and the characters were good enough (I especially felt intrigued by the side characters and would like to see more of them), I still find myself having problems I can't overlook to give this more stars.

The writing was good the majority of the way through, but there were plenty of grammatical mistakes that took away from the reading experience. The sex scenes were definitely good and plenty full of kink (including bondage), and I'd like to say they were at least without fault, but even those were not exempt from the mistakes a good editorial eye could have easily caught and fixed. The characters were interesting and I'm always up for a good teacher/student experience, but I found myself drawn more to the side characters than the main focus of Ryland and Arslan. While I understand this focus, since the entire point is that these two get together and become an official couple, it would have been nice to see just a little more of them. Mostly I was just stuck on the name for Arslan, the leader of his lion pride. It's only one letter off from Aslan of The Chronicles of Narnia, which was the real struggle for me through reading this.

I don't think I'll be continuing the rest of this series, even if I'm very intrigued and curious about Kefir's character and who he gets paired with later on, but I will at least be giving some of her other novels a try.