Call Me by Your Name

Call Me by Your Name - André Aciman 5 you stole my breath, in every sense of the word, stars

This is not a story you can take lightly. From start to finish it drew me in and the only way I was able to put it down was when the call of sleep finally became impossible to ignore. Before I even began I knew I wasn't prepared for the stunning brilliance marking every line, but I thought I was more prepared than I was, in fact, not. And yet, surprisingly, it also didn't make me cry as much as I expected.
Zwischen Immer und Nie. Zwischen Immer und Nie. Between always and never.
A lot of that might have had to do with the anticipation of all the feelings this story would invoke. Maybe it's because I was so caught up in every word: the writing was so poignant, so heartfelt, everything from the first heading to the closing paragraph so beautiful.

Regardless, this is a story that will stick with me, that I will remember in turns as Elio remembered his time with Oliver, how deeply they loved. I will remember how exquisitely conveyed the tale of their love was told.
Time makes us sentimental. Perhaps, in the end, it is because of time that we suffer.
As I said, I managed to get through this without crying, but it was a very near thing, especially toward the end as I had to force myself to hold back.
We had found the stars, you and I. And this is given once only.
I highly recommend this story.